Ethiopia Trip

Monday, April 30, 2007

I'M BACK!
Deja Vu. The uncomfortable ride in an old 757; being collected at Addis Ababa by Jannie (who with his wife Bev shares the job of Country Co-ordinator for CAFOD/Trocaire; the drive to the Ghion Hotel and the meeting in the office!
But there were differences!
  • The plane stopped at ROME to pick up lots of people, most who had been allocated the same seat numbers as those occupied by many of us from London - a bit chaotic!
  • The approach to Addis was cloudy so no view of the Nile and the panoramic scenary around the City
  • The roads seem busier with more new buildings springing up - a sign of a better economy?
  • But it's strange at the Ghion on my own without my former colleagues.

I've learnt a lot more about the plans for the next 2 weeks.Tomorrow is a public holiday - so I will be doing lots of preparation before visiting Jannie and Bev in the evening. I'll tell you more about the plans tomorrow.

Mike

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home